The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Monday delivered demolition and stop-work orders against structures and homes in different West Bank areas.
According to local sources, the IOF stormed the impoverished village of Zanuta near the illegal settlement of Shim’a in southern al-Khalil and handed local officials a military demolition order against the village council and a health clinic.
The IOF also notified the local authority in Zanuta of its intent to demolish 12 crude homes and tents as well as cattle and storage sheds.
The IOF had already notified in last December 12 citizens from the families of al-Batat, Samamera and Attal of military orders to raze their homes.
Dozens of citizens, mostly children, are living these modest homes. All of them will be homeless soon.
In Qalqilya, the IOF stormed Nabi Ilyas village and handed citizens stop-work orders against three new homes as a prelude to issuing demolition orders against them later.
They also handed a citizen from the same village a notice ordering him to remove a sidewalk stand he uses for selling vegetables.
Meanwhile, the IOF delivered demolition notices against an apartment building and two houses in Asira ash-Shamaliya town, north of Nablus.
Mayor of the town Hazem Yassin said that the IOF delivered a demolition notice against a seven-story apartment building belonging to a local resident called Mohamed Shawwali.
He also said that two citizens received demolition orders against their homes in the town.
12 families would be rendered homeless if the demolitions were carried out, according to mayor