Dozens of Jewish settlers stormed on Wednesday the archaeological site in the town of Sebastia, north of Nablus.
Muhammad Azim, the Mayor of Sebastia, said in a press statement that dozens of settlers stormed the archaeological site in the town under heavy Israeli army protection, which partially closed the site to citizens.
In another development, Palestinian citizens in Kisan village, east of Bethlehem, confronted a group of settlers who attacked their homes with stones at midnight Tuesday.
Ahmed Ghazal, the deputy head of Kisan village council, said in a press statement that a group of twenty settlers in three cars stormed the village and threw stones at citizens’ homes. Palestinian citizens confronted them and forced them to flee the scene, he added.
He pointed out that this attack was repeated previously and this time the attack happened after several village residents planted olive seedlings on their lands.
The village has been exposed for a long time to violations by settlers and the Israeli occupation forces topped by the demolition of homes and the seizure of lands for settlement purposes.